Interesting Interviewing Stats You Need To Know

Interesting Interviewing Stats You Need To Know. As a business owner looking to grow your business, interviewing candidates is a must. While you may think that interviewing a candidate is a series of questions and a chance to learn more about the candidate, an interview is far more than that!

An interview is also the chance for a candidate to learn about your business. You may think that the candidate is great, but if they don’t think you’re great to they could turn down your job offer. While you are interviewing the candidate, they are also interviewing you.

  • 88% of hiring decision makers feel that an informed candidate is a quality candidate. As a recruitment agency we can keep the candidate up to date about what to expect from the interview and help them prepare, however they need to be informed about how the interview went afterwards too.
  • Job seekers that are satisfied with their interview experience are 38% more likely to accept a job offer. This is why it is so important that you give your candidate the best possible first impression of you and your business.
  • 78% of all job seekers say that their interview experience is an indicator of how a company values its employees and customers. Again, this stresses how important a good first impression at the time of interview is.
  • 82% of hiring managers say that they view the interview experience as very or extremely important. We can only presume that the other 18% of hiring managers don’t value their employees and are struggling with recruiting for their business.

As a recruitment agency we will interview our candidates to ensure they have the right skills for the vacancy and that they are the right people for your business. However, it is you that will really sell your business and the job role to the candidate.

The job market is currently candidate driven. This means that candidates may have multiple job offers to choose from. Think about how you can make your job offer most attractive for them – and remember, it’s not just the pay that makes your job offer attractive!