My client based near to Kimbolton, Cambridgeshire are looking for an experienced Logistics Manager/Planner to join their well established team.
It is the role of the Logistics Manager/Planner to ensure that the site logistics operate smoothly, that our transport fleet operates efficiently, that the companies packaging and ingredients are purchased cost effectively and that their customers and suppliers receive excellent service.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• To ensure that the movement of raw materials and finished goods are planned as required
• To manage all aspects of our transport operation of 3 HGVs (including all aspects of compliance) and the maintenance of the Fork lift Trucks (8 vehicles)
• To manage the purchase of all packaging & ingredients
• Ensure that accurate records are kept of all activities as required
• To manage the weighbridge, which will include a certain amount of light physical work, answering the telephone and greeting visitors
Key Skills & Competences
• Capable of managing all aspects of a logistics/ transport team according to company policies, to achieve agreed objectives within agreed budgets
• Forward thinking and used to working on operational detail to improve commercial performance
• Confident in dealing with customers, suppliers, drivers & visitors in person, on the phone and on e-mail
• Good computer skills
If you are interested in applying for the role please click the link or call Will Granger on the main office line for more information