Warehouse Operative required near to Fenstanton, Cambridgeshire
My client fulfils the immediate needs of their partners as well as directly to the partners customers if necessary, offering 24hr delivery on all products as standard. They also have an experienced office team who control orders, returns, customer service, sales and marketing.
The role requires candidates to have a high level of integrity and an ability to focus in on the detail to deliver high standards of work. With proven experience in a similar Warehousing role, the successful applicant will be confident, with good communication and numeracy skills. A flexible approach and the ability to multi-task are also essential.
KEY SKILLS & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Dependability with time keeping, Organisation and capable of intense Teamwork.
- Narrow Aisle Forklift Truck License - Desirable but not essential
- Accurately counting and a clear capability of checking different dates and lines on incoming and outgoing products.
- Using their initiative to ensure their work is efficient and support the manager/supervisors if they find more efficient ways of working.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and work stations neat, maintaining clean shipping supply area, comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain quality of service by following organisation standards.
- Move merchandise from one place to another using pump trucks
- Build, pick, and pack of pallets
- Accurately picking, packing and wrapping customer orders.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Stack and empty inbound shipment
- Inspect products to be moved for accuracy, and safely move them to designated racking area
- Load and offload materials onto and off pallets skids, and vehicles; containers and vans included.
- Labelling packaging, products, unpacking and also repacking goods, without damage.
- In addition, floor staff must maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse floor, racking areas.
- Report to the Warehouse manager, Supervisor and undertake any additional duties that maybe necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- You will be motivated and hard-working, having the ability to work in a warehouse environment either on your own, or as part of a larger team.
Please note, all operatives are required to lift a large quantity of stock, walk or stand for most of the shift and wear the necessary personal protective equipment.
Hours: 3 week rotating shift pattern which will include mornings, evenings and 1 Saturday in 3, so flexibility is key
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £22,000 - 24,000 per annum (£28,000 OTE)
- Company Profit Share Scheme
- 20 Days Holiday
- Contributory Pension (up to 6%)
- Life Cover