Our rapidly growing client based in Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire are looking for a Van Driver to join their expanding team.
As a member of the operations team you are required to deliver orders to customers and provide excellent customer service. You are also required to undertake warehouse duties including the picking and assembly of customer orders and the loading of vehicles.
Hours of Work
A 04:00/05:00 start with every Saturday worked (one day off during the week given), an 8 hour day on average (however flexibility is key due to the nature of the work).
Key Job Objectives
• As a key representative of the business you are required to provide a professional interface with customer representatives during the delivery process.
• You will present yourself in a clean and professional manner and impart confidence in the customer through your manner and approach.
• You will take every opportunity to promote the company and its products to customers.
• You will advise customers of promotional and new products.
• Delivering pre-assembled orders to customers in a professional and friendly manner.
• Following a pre-determined delivery route.
• Ensuring the accuracy of deliveries and for the securing of signatures against delivery documentation.
• The safe keeping of goods under your control (this will include correct temperature control, correct selection and counting of goods and the security of your vehicle).
• Occasional collection and safe keeping of monies for goods delivered and the safe return of monies to the Accounts Department.
• Maintenance of any vehicle assigned to you (this includes the reporting of any electrical or mechanical faults and maintaining the vehicle in a clean and hygienic condition).
• You will be required to perform general warehouse and vehicle loading duties when necessary.
Personality, Skills & Experience
- A good level of general education.
- Good communication skills.
- Current driving licence for the level of vehicle the company requires you to drive.
- Be confident and engaging in your approach to customers.
- The ability to deal with and help resolve customer complaints and concerns quickly.
- Good organisational skills.
If you are interested in applying for the role please click the link or call Will Granger in the office for more information