Production (Mechanical) Assemblers required for well established, highly reputable business in St Neots, Cambridgeshire.
Our client are looking for any candidates with Production/Machine/Assembly experience to join their team due to increasing demand from their customers.
The main functions associated with the assembly lines are:
• Stamping (metal couplings) with use of a machine
• Measuring and cutting material to tight tolerances using cutting machines
• Assembly (this includes marking assemblies to show where to attach couplings by way of push on either by hand/machine crimping)
Initially the successful candidate will be put in the finishing department to receive introductory training which includes some more basic duties which include:
• Flushing with either a lubricant or pellet
• Taping hoses
• Bagging hoses
• Auditing (Quality Checking)
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Attention to detail
• Good time keeping
• Excellent attitude and work ethic
• Previous Production/Manufacturing/Warehouse experience
• A good level of physical fitness
All applicants must also possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. A good understanding of Health & Safety and Quality Control within the workplace, as well as the flexibility to adapt and change in line with business needs which is an absolute must.
The working hours will be 06:00 until 14:00, Monday to Friday & 14:00 until 22:30 Monday to Thursday then 14:00 until 20:00 on Fridays. These split shifts will rotate weekly.
£10.74 per hour (rising to £13.58 after 12 weeks), overtime is occasionally on offer at enhanced rates.
A drugs and alcohol test will need to be performed via an occupational health examination before you start!
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the link or call Will Granger in the office for more information.