Workshop Operative required on a full time, permanent basis to help manufacture in-house product to the highest possible standards meeting customer expectations and develop a thorough working knowledge of business production process across all disciplines. Also to champion quality product and customer service and assist colleagues, production supervisor and operations manager in the delivery of company objectives.
The successful candidate will be joining a well established company and team that are market leaders in their field of expertise. Training and development opportunities are on offer for the right person.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Prioritise works orders / job cards as appropriate and organise said as required.
• Manufacture product to the highest standards of workmanship and accuracy as possible.
• Commitment to achieve customer delivery times.
• Work in accordance with the schedule set by the Production Supervisor / Operations Manager or other member of staff as appropriate.
• Work in accordance with instruction and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Paint spray to specification as and when required.
• Programme and run machines as and where required.
• Report all tooling faults to Production Supervisor or Operations Manager.
• Ensure that weekly maintenance checks are carried out on all equipment in accordance with standard operations before the start of each shift.
• To ensure all equipment located within the department is properly and efficiently maintained, serviced and available. If works/faults are beyond your skill, revert to Production Supervisor, Operations Manager or service contracts.
• Load/unload equipment safely.
• Ensure that quality is maintained to specific requirements and the highest standards at all times.
• To provide a high level communication to team members and to all other departments as appropriate.
• To ensure all paperwork is correct.
• To ensure that all materials are used efficiently and recorded as required.
• To ensure the highest standards of housekeeping and cleanliness at all times and ensure work area is tidy at the end of each shift.
• To train and guide team members on all aspects of shop floor duties and procedures as appropriate and in line with experience.
• To monitor and enforce all working standards.
• To drive continuous improvement through the department.
• To be accountable for the responsible use of consumables.
• Identify / report any stocks that need replenishing.
• Assist in the preparation and completion of quality documentation.
• Implement and maintain agreed quality procedures.
• Notify the Production Supervisor or Operations Manager of any quality issues.
• Carry out regular in-process and final inspections.
• To maintain professional standards in both personal appearance and behaviour.
• Work in other departments as and when required.
• Any other reasonable duties as required.
• Fully comply with company policies including Health and Safety at all times.
• To deliver the best quality product for our customers, free of errors, omissions, reworks and rejects.
• To champion the quality of our product and service.
• Always looking for ways to learn and develop knowledge and experience.
• Take a proactive approach to the maintenance of equipment, a safe working environment and good housekeeping and tidiness.
• Be a positive image within the team and be the first example of how the company wants itself perceived externally.
• Treat colleagues with respect, help them learn and develop and be reliable.
Previous experience working in a Workshop/Production environment using hand tools and operating basic machinery is preferable in order to be considered
Working hours from Monday to Friday on a standard day shift
If you are interested in applying please click the link or call Will Granger in the office for further details