Job hunters are using social media to find that dream job. In fact 43% of jobseekers in the UK are using Facebook and their friends via this platform to help find their dream job. Meanwhile 22% of job seekers in the UK prefer to leverage LinkedIn networks to find their dream job online.
So what sectors have candidates using social media to find that dream job?
- 13% of candidates looking for work in the retail sector will use social media networks to find work.
- 11% of candidates wanting to work on creative and design sectors will use social media to find that dream job.
- 9% of job seekers looking for a job in accounting and finance sectors will do so by social media.
- 8% of candidates looking to work in IT will look or their dream job via social media.
- 8% of candidates wanting a dream job in the PR, advertising and marketing sectors will use social media find work.
It seems that friends on social media can really help job seekers find their next dream job in the UK. We have come across some research that shows 15.3% of job seekers in the South East of England bagged their dream job with a little help from friends on social media. In London this number was at 16.5%, but just 3.4% in the East of England.
So, as a recruiter, what can we learn from this?
Job seekers are using social media to find that dream job. They may be looking on social media themselves, or their friends may be tagging them in suitable jobs. When you are updating your business presence on social media think about your message. What do your posts say about your business and company culture?
If you need help attracting candidates to your vacancies, give us a call. Our experienced team of highly skilled recruitment consultants in Huntingdon are ready and able to help.